Re: Dayton

Gary \"Joe\" Mayfield wrote:

> Which is the hotel / motel most of the AMSAT folks use at Dayton?
>
> Is there a 'deal ' available?

Hello,

Remember it is never too early to think about Dayton...

The AMSAT 'in place to be' is the Homewood Suites over in Fairborn.  Not too
far from Wright-Patterson AFB on the east side of Dayton.  Go a day or two
early to see the Air Force Museum and help setup the AMSAT booth!

I believe you can get a special rate (call Martha for details).  People
who stay there tend to help setup, help at the AMSAT booth, and/or tear down.
(hint...hint...hint...)

Even with the deal some people may find it expensive.  It is possible to
double up (or take along the wife and kids) to cut down expenses.  Being
dependently weathy I do not mind the added expense.  I appreciate some of
the added comforts.

The room is a two room suite with a double bed and a sofa bed in a
kitchenette/living room.  I found having a fidge was handy and someone else
even does the dishes!  A nice breakfast buffet is included with the room.
This past dayton they even had a supper buffet during weekdays.
With all the pizza bashes, AMSAT dinner (A do not miss!), etc I did not
take full advantage of the supper buffet.

Not to mention being able to talk about satellites over breakfast and
having people understand.

73 Eric eac@shore.net  WB1HBU