From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Lew Jenkins
Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2000 3:17 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Camofuflage for antenna.

Hi All

I am a new AMSAT member and have considerable HF experience
but virtually none above 28 MHz so please forgive the probable FAQ.

I am currently setting up a station in Carmel by the Sea, California
which has a Draconian attitude about antennas . (Clint Eastwood is
no longer the mayor , I think he's OK with antennas :)) I plan to put
the
Meyers 2.4 GHz Dish and a some other antennae on top of the 2nd
floor roof, but need to provide heavy camouflage. I would like to paint
these antennas with regular camo paint. Is there a problem with that or
should I be using a special type of paint?

Another antenna is going just above a large pine tree and
I was going to use plastic plants attached to it to further hide it.
Will this be a problem at 144 MHz ?

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Lew
N6VV