Re: MMDS converters

Hi Fred:

RE: "....SCTV-Skycable.. which seems like vapor.."

SCTV-Skycable is owned by Bob Partin, and is not "vapor".  I have purchased
several MMDS items from Bob over the past two years, and I have always been
very pleased with the quality and price.

It is very foolish to assume that someone's business is "vapor" just because
you do not receive an e-mail answer from them during the Christmas & New
Year's holiday season.

Like other microwave equipment dealers, I expect that Bob is taking a wait
and see attitude towards AO-40.  It would be very foolish to invest a lot of
money buying equipment for resale, only to find out later that there was
something wrong with Oscar 40, or that the L-band system does not work.

I have attached an e-mail that I received from Bob a few weeks ago.  You can
see that he is not going to sell the 2500HG downconverter for use on AO-40
because of  a close in phase noise problem in the local oscillator that
makes it unsuitable for reception of SSB/CW.  It is however, suitable for
use on ATV.  He will have a good AO-40 downconverter in a few months.

73,

Woody
KJ4SO