RE: ALON/ALAT BLON/BLAT & newcomers

Hi Quirino

I use both Nova and Wisp at the same time.

Nova has the correct MA (I'm using 2.1j build16).

Talking to others on IRC over the past week or two it appears that Wisp is
wrong. I calulate it to be a value of 68 or 69 adrift throughout the entire
orbit.

So if you have Wisp quoting MA at 0, it's really 68.

Similarly, for example, if Wisp says the MA is 150, it's really 218.

If the Wisp MA is quoted at over 187, you need to subtract 188.

Or...

If WispMA <= 187 Then
  RealMA = WispMA + 68
Else
  RealMA = WispMA - 188

Or...

RealMA = (WispMA + 68) mod 256

The arbitrary figure of 68 may change as keps alter (this was calculated
with set 17).

This doesn't appear to work for other satellites like AO-10.

73 Howard G6LVB