Re: ao40 today

Early this morning (Sunday) I was getting a strong signal. (Oddly,
yesterday morning I could barely hear it, even right after AOS.)

I noticed a short-term random drift of about +/- 200 Hz, over a
period of roughly 10 seconds.  This made it hard to keep my demodulator
locked to the signal.  I know it wasn't Doppler-related, since my
tracking software tunes the radio in 1Hz increments every couple of
seconds.  It might have been due to drafts of cold air getting to my
converter's LO crystal. I will try insulating the crystal for next time.

Has anyone else noticed a random frequency drift like I described above?

Doug
NA1DB