Re: AO-40 signal and telemetry

Very good, Mike!  For those doing comparisons and window shopping, I am also
running a Conifer preamp and Drake 2880, but with a small 16-turn helix.  The
helix is optimistically rated at 14.5 dBi gain, but more realistically is in
the 12 dBi range.

I cannot hear a thing typically beyond MA36, or so, when the squint gets
close to 90-100 degrees (about 35,000 km).  If my TS-2000 ever shows up we
will be able to make real side-by-side comparisons.  Of course, I'll have to
elongate my helix to a whopping 64 turns to be at parity with your dish :-)

Thanks for your observation on the synch frequency.  I get mostly corrupted
blocks, with an occasional good frame, and can't seem to get P3T to work
quite right yet.

73 es Happy New Year,
Jerry, K5OE