AO-40 signal and telemetry

Using a Myers 24 dB dish, and modified 2880 with conifer 1.5 dB nf preamp, up
45 feet with a clear shot SW: signal appeared on the TS-2000 at 0.5 degree
above the horizon, and I collected about a dozen lightly corrupted telemetry
frames. Seems that the French decoder requires 2 to 3 seconds to get into
synch, and the overall period of rotation also seems to be 3 seconds.

By turning on the TS-2000 internal preamp and the attenuator, my noise level
becomes zero, and the signal, with rapid QSB peaked to S-7. I later heard the
signal in the noise using line enhanced DSP at 52,000 km.