Re: AO-40 S band telemetry / reception report

Hi Roger,

Interesting observation about centre frequency, ... its around the same as
measured by Viktor, ... and you are both using 970 + 2.4 module, ....

... I'm using a 970 + SSB UEK-2000S converter, and I measured centre
frequency to be (yesterday and today) to be 2401.317 to 2401.318. That was
working back from radio dial (controlled by G3RUH MkII demod using up/down
key clicks), using range-rate of the time, to calculate what beacon freq
would generate that amount of Doppler. You can't just add/subtract RIT, you
have to add/subtract RIT without Doppler, a 3kHz RIT is not a 3kHz
difference in beacon freq!

Interestingly I received info today that the S2 MB beacon was measured
pre-flight in Kourou to be 2401.318MHz, ....

I didn't get a chance to calculate Doppler on todays pass, but plugging in
the 2401.31724 got me within a few hundred Hz at AOS at MA3, ... so its a
pretty good number for my RX + Converter, ... we just need some more
observations now.

Thanks for the telem you added 6 new A blocks to the collection, ... in
total we got 25 this pass.

Cheers
Paul, VP9MU