Re: L-Band "Pod" Antennas and Amps - Was:: "Circular Polarity"

>From: Douglas Cole <n7bfs@qwest.net>
>To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] L-Band "Pod" Antennas and Amps  -   Was:: "Circular
>Polarity"
>Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 22:30:17 -0800
>
>Woody wrote:
> >
> > Hi Floyd and Robert:
> >
> > Thanks for the "heads-up" on the "Pod" amps at Http://www.afstar.com  I
>have
> > ordered two of them and will test them to determine if they are linear
>or
> > class C.  I'll post the results on the AMSAT BBS.  It will be approx.
>two
> > weeks before I will be able to test them.
> >

>My curiousity is whether or not they are bidirectional , as it says
>something
>about "watts output" , so does that mean it really is a "transverter" ?
>
>Oooh , now that would be neat :^}
>

>--
>Douglas Cole   N7BFS
>AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544
>Spokane IRLP node 145.250 owner
>http://www.users.qwest.net/~cdoug3
>Registered Linux user # 188922
>----

from my reading of the page they are at least bi directional.  Its pretty
clear there is a receiver preamp part and  an amp part.

I would think that you would have to furnish the "signal" and do the down
converting but if you can make the amp linear you are in business.

Robert Oler WB5MZO Houston TX