Re: L-Band "Pod" Antennas and Amps - Was:: "Circular Polarity"

On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 10:30:17PM -0800, Douglas Cole wrote:
> My curiousity is whether or not they are bidirectional , as it says something
> about "watts output" , so does that mean it really is a "transverter" ?
>
> Oooh , now that would be neat :^}

It says "20 watt L band high power amplifier" ... but I don't see
how that makes it a transverter, only an antenna with built-in
PA and RX preamp. Still pretty neat.

I wonder what the beamwidth it? It looks tiny in the picture,
so it would look pretty weird mounted on rotators.

Happy new year

Hamish