UO-11 vs AO-40

Just a quick question.  I have yet to hear AO-40 on 2401...I am able to
hear
UO-11 on that band, quite Q5 but not moving the S meter much.

I assume that if I can hear UO-11 then I should be able to hear AO-40 when
the squint is not unfavorable.  Is that correct?

Thanks in advance.

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ ex AA3QK, WA3JYM  FN20ah
2 Merrymount Road
Reading, PA  19609-1718
http://www.epix.net/~rrehr/w3sz.htm
---
Hi, Roger:
        Heavens yes, if you can hear UO11, you can hear AO40! It's much
stronger. Trouble is that the squint angles are weird; AO40 does not have
an S omni, so we are listening off the side of either the S dish or the S
helix I don't know which is active). Try putting Alon = -2.2 and Alat = +81
into your tracking program. It will show that best angles are in the low MA
numbers just after perigee. Tomorrow morning early is your best chance for
a few days. I got a number of good CRC's this morning.

73 and Good luck!

Ed Krome K9EK