Re: AO-40 Telemetry Required

Hi Bill,

pretty much the same here, I got strong Rx at MA 21 and copied through MA 45

got about 230 blocks but none CRCC OK, ... squint was around 66 deg

The spin caused a gap in each block, ... must be the engine bell.

>From observation I'd say (with my RX converter) that beacon freq without
Doppler is around 2401.31724
which is below the range of 2401.322 to 2401.328 quoted by other stations,
... my RX conv is old and maybe needs realignment.

Well if nothing else it has given me the opportunity to make sure that my
dish preamp and rx conv still work, ... they were last used in 1994 with
AO-13!

Tomorrow should be a better pass but it means getting up at 5:45 local, ....
urrggghh!!!

The auto-Doppler control of the IC-970 direct from the G3RUH PSK modem
worked like a charm, ... let me spend my time pointing the antenna and not
tuning the radio, ... excellent design James!

Cheers
Paul, VP9MU