AO-40 Hi Gain Antenna covers?

I have a question for the spacecraft antenna experts.

The following link is to an image right before final assembly. The caption
reads as follows: "The spacecraft is now "armed" and ready for flight.
PAS-1R will be assembled on top of us. It is the last time that we can see
P3-D like this."

http://www.amsat-dl.org/launch/L_image092.jpg

I was just wondering what these yellow covers/plates are for that are
visible on the high gain dish antennas and the feedhorns for the X-band
transmitter. They obviously went up in space like this.

They are not visible during the 1999 assembly/testing in Orlando as shown on
this photo:

http://www.amsat-dl.org/mvc-026l.jpg

Are they part of the antenna design or just covers? Just curious and eager
to learn :-)

Thanks for the input.

73... Stefan