Re: AO-40 S2 Beacon

>I started looking for the S2 Beacon today in Vermont at 1830 UTC. I acquired
>it at 1844 UTC. AO-40 was 14,000 km away at the time with a squint angle of
>160 degrees! (based on hi gain calculation in NOVA for Win). This was MA 245.

Hi Mike,
I get it tomorrow at 1451z, phase 6, and I see that you get it about 1539z
phase 16....I'm using a kit converter, LO, and homebrew pre-amp that worked
very good on
O13.  After the recovery my sigs are very weak in comparison to pre-recovery.

Not sure if I should upgrade, but a comparison with you or anyone that
would care
to compare would be beneficial.

I'll report to you "as soon as I get unbusy", hi...

Tnx my friend..

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....