KLM Antenna relay

Several people in the past few months were looking for a replacement
for a KLM 22C antenna relay.

Look no longer...Performance of my 22C on the O10 downlink has been
deteriorating gradually, and I finally took the antenna down, and
investigated.

With the poor quality relay supplied it is a wonder it lasted the
twelve years or so it was up there!

If I ever knew how it was connected to the antenna, I had forgotten,
but when I traced the circuit it became readily apparent that it is
nothing more than a double throw single pole relay to change
polarity.  The one supplied is double throw, double pole, but two of
the poles are not used...

I just replaced it with a junk box relay, hard wired, and my antenna
performance on O10 is better than it ever was.

Even if yours is still working you may be advised to inspect it.

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....