AO-40 S2 Beacon

I started looking for the S2 Beacon today in Vermont at 1830 UTC. I acquired
it at 1844 UTC. AO-40 was 14,000 km away at the time with a squint angle of
160 degrees! (based on hi gain calculation in NOVA for Win). This was MA 245.
I was able to track it with Spectrogram right to my LOS which was at MA 251.
At this time it had a 135 degree squint and was 8600 km away.

Unfortunately I was unable to decode any telemetry. The signals were just too
weak. I now have what I consider a good benchmark for the performance my BBQ
dish and Drake converter. Next is to add the 2401 mast mount preamp and try
again.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649