From: "Estes Wayne-W10191" <Wayne_Estes-W10191@email.mot.com>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2000 10:50 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] RS-13 in mode KT?

> Last night I made my first satellite contacts on my new FT-847.  I always
thought LEO satellites were "too much work" with my old FT-726R and manually
steered antennas.  I still have manually steered antennas, but tracking
VFO's make it much easier to work SSB/CW LEO's.

> I made two SSB and two CW "Mode T" contacts on RS-13 last night between
about 0330 and 0345Z.  I was surprised to hear a Japanese station on the 2m
downlink.  I wasn't in the AO-10 footprint, and the signal was too strong to
be AO-10.

> Is RS-13 transmitting on both 10 meters (Mode K) and 2 meters (Mode T)?  I
can't think of any other explanation for this.