RS-13 in mode KT?

Last night I made my first satellite contacts on my new FT-847.  I always thought LEO satellites were "too much work" with my old FT-726R and manually steered antennas.  I still have manually steered antennas, but tracking VFO's make it much easier to work SSB/CW LEO's.

I made two SSB and two CW "Mode T" contacts on RS-13 last night between about 0330 and 0345Z.  I was surprised to hear a Japanese station on the 2m downlink.  I wasn't in the AO-10 footprint, and the signal was too strong to be AO-10.

Is RS-13 transmitting on both 10 meters (Mode K) and 2 meters (Mode T)?  I can't think of any other explanation for this.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA