Re: AOR AR5000 sensitivity on S-band

In a message dated 12/29/00 3:21:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
howard@howardlong.com writes:

> I have on order a couple of S band preamps: an SSB unit and a DB6NT unit.
>  I'll let you know how I get on when I get them hooked up. The SSB SP-13 has
>  T/R switching, gain of 25dB and a 1.2dB noise figure. The DB6NT unit is the
>  MKU232A2 which is 35dB/0.7dB but has no T/R switch.
>  The MKU232A2 also has a
>  23cm notch filter built in to protect it from an L band uplink.

Hi Howard,

I'm interested in these preamps. I have an MKU232B coming from SSB USA. Did
you have the front end filters retuned? (Maybe you have the gear to do it
yourself ?) Gerry @ SSB is resetting the filters in my preamp for 2401 center
freq. I see the SP13 specs 2300-2400 and the MKU232A is centered at 2350. Not
sure about the MKU232A2...

Please keep us informed on the performance. I will do the same when I install
the new preamp soon.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649