AOR AR5000 sensitivity on S-band

Hi, congrats' on the possible complete or partial recovery of AO-40.

I am currently living in a small flat, with no possibility of permanent
outdoor antennas, but i do plan on trying to at least receiving AO-40.

Can anyone suggest a suitable preamplifier for the AOR AR5000 receiver, if
possible a kit or construction article, rather than readymade?

This radio has a sensitivity of 0.63 uV for 10dB S/N AM 6 khz or 0.3 uV for
12dB SINAD SSB/CW 3khz.
Not at all bad figures for a wideband receiver, but, i would suspect, not
quite enough for weak-signal work using something like a helical as I plan
to do.

Does anyone here have personal experience with this receiver for satellite
work?

Best Regards

73 de OZ1LRG, Jens