RE: Another view

> Technically it could be done ... BUT would it would not offer
> any legal
> QSOs for any awards. Why not just use your cellphone to call
> a DX ham for a
> QSO. It is essentially the same thing. Whereas if the contact
> went from the
> ham station to a satellite then to another satellite down to
> the DX ham
> that is a direct over the air contact [via a series of space
> based repeaters].

Well, such QSOs are "legal" enough for my purposes.  They originate on ham
radio, they can be made from anywhere (within reach of a satellite).  I
couldn't give two hoots whether some award manager would accept them, as I
don't chase awards at all.  Oh, and the system is something developed by
hams, and gear cann be home brewed. :)

Sounds good enough for me!