Re: RV: Who have home-built a trakcer?

I'm building my own az-el controller which will take az-el headings from the
serial port output of wisp-dde. It is only designed to move the antennas - no
internal time-tracking. I'm using a basic stamp microcontroller and it just
doesn't have the horsepower to do that. But it is stand-alone -- it doesn't go
in a computer card slot. Plugs into AC only.

There is already a similar design of one by Fernando Mederos, CX6DD. You can get
info on that from his web site:

http://www.chasque.apc.org/franky/6ddrc/6ddrceng.htm

Mine should be done in about a month. It is designed to control Kenpro/Yaesu
az-el rotators, though it should work with any that have a variable resistor to
read positioning.

good luck!

73,
Art, N3OY