Re: J.H.C. Was: Re: Re: [sarex] ISS Transmissions

on 12/28/00 6:49 AM, Jim Doyle at kd4hur@amsat.org wrote:

> Everyone!
> Stop. This discussion is not amateur related Number 1

Space topics and amateur radio are interrelated.  So much so that the FCC
has allowed a BLANKET waiver of all its rules when rebroadcasting space
stuff.  Music is actually allowed to be played over ham freqs when NASA TV
is rebroadcast.

> Number 2 It's political

How?  We've not at all talked about Russian governmental policy.  We've not
talked legislation, taxes, etc.  Rather the discussion is about technology
and what was and is used.  So I fail to see how technology and politics are
linked.

Oh yeah.  That's right - it's not politically correct.  Oh shame on me for
being politically incorrect.  A pox upon me!

> I for one do not want to read this type of trash. everyone in this
> discussion
> is going directly to the trash bucket, so if you want to partake in any future
> discussions your address is no longer accepted at this location.

Fine if you want to trash everything I post just because you aren't
interested in the subject.  There are many Amsat-bb messages I am not
interested in that I trash, but that doesn't mean that the subjects
themselves are trash.  I find it interesting.  You don't.  That doesn't mean
it shouldn't be discussed.  That's called censorship.

Jon

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA