Re: Another view , yet another

Hello Douglas!

28 Dec 00 00:09, you wrote to All:

 DC> Seems to me that we should be less worrying about whether we will be
 DC> getting any special paper in the mail for our contact and instead
 DC> thinking about actually making the contact at all ...

I agree with this sentiment totally.  Not being a paper chaser, it doesn't
matter how I make the QSO, as long as I make it.  And I think I've demonstrated
that there are ways to make even FM satellites rather challenging. :-)

(jump on a train with a HT and try working a sat, without any advance warning
to other ops - bit of fun as well!).

 DC> And it only shows guys , that you don't do any microwave qso's , as
 DC> most terrestrial qso's above 432 need to be "scheduled" otherwise you
 DC> may -never- talk to anyone , so I suppose that isn't -real- amateur
 DC> radio?

Either that, or arranged after a QSO on a lower band.

 DC> The bottom line is , internet linking works and works very well , as
 DC> the IRLP network is proof of , so its through the internet ? ,
 DC> whoop-deedoo , maybe we need to all go back to spark-gap days , cuz
 DC> damnit thats the only -real- amateur radio, right ?!?! :^P

And for the purists, when we get a proper terrestrial data network going, that
could always also be used for digital voice links between satellites.  But for
me, the Internet is a perfectly acceptable way to link repeaters, terrestrial
and orbiting.

Tony, VK3JED