Re: now this could be a new way to raise funds..

>From: "Timothy Vermette" <tvermette@sk.sympatico.ca>
>Encounter 2001 also allows people to transmit personal messages out to the
>cosmos. The company's Ad Astra service, priced at $299, features the
>transmission of a personal digital message, which can include photographs,
>biographies, and tributes.
>
> They claimed to have sent 40000 messages so far.. How about getting one of
>you EME guys with a 16 antenna array to fire off some messages.. All
>proceeds go to AMSAT.. do it for say 50 bucks a pop.

First of all the established radio astronomy and SETI scientific community
discredit any independent attempts to transmit messages to the cosmos.  It
is their position that any such transmission should be carefully considered
and try to represent all people of earth.

Considering recent content on this list, we might not like the reply we
got!  Not sure I want to be around when "they" "flame" us ;-)

Ed
Of course our TV shows have been going out there for 50 years.  Yikes!