Russian Space History

100675.3601@compuserve.com writes:

>  If you want to read a great book about
>  the Russian space program
>  read KOROLEV by James Harford (an American)  ISBN  0-471-14853-9

... and if you read Russian, I have a fascinating book on this topic,
Development of Rocketry and Space Science in CCCP, B.L. Grooshko, 1987.  One
of the more fascinating pictures is of the rocket-powered plane/bomb,
launched off a trestle.  The picture is from 1939 and this was not a German
V-1, but the similarities are striking.
73,
Jerry, K5OE