Re: Re: [sarex] ISS Transmissions

> Robert:
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> Skylab did not work very well. It was too small and it overheated because
> someone forgot to design some thermal insulation. In fact it stayed for 7
> months un-inhabited until they figured out to go back and juri-rig a solar
> shade to make things barely livable. It was severely underpowered among
> other problems.It is all docummented.

This wasn't a design problem; it was due to damage during the Skylab-1
mission launch.

On a related topic, I'd recommend the book "Dragonfly: NASA and the crisis
aboard Mir" by Bryan Burrough which covers the various US missions to
Mir.   Also interesting is "Off the Planet: Surviving Five Perilous
Months Aboard the Space Station Mir" by Jerry M. Linenger, one of the
US astronauts.

louie
wa3ymh