Re: Re: [sarex] ISS Transmissions

Gentlemen:

Correct me if I am wrong.

The most reliable rocket motor in history is Russian. In fact we are buying
it and retrofitting our rockets with it. It's cheaper, more reliable, more
powerful and it attaches to the rocket in four places. The connections
necessary are another four I think. It takes a days work and you install the
engine on the rocket.
Our own engine requires something like 2500 connections, that is wires,
hydraulic lines, etc...
I saw this on TV I think it was Discovery channel or another show about
space.

The most powerful rocket is also Russian. Only they could have lifted the
biggest components of the ISS. That's why they built those components.
Because they needed to be large and we don't have that size lifting
capability.

About their fighters, they are just great. They can operate from unimproved
airstrips ( rough compacted dirt with a lot of debris like  loose gravel).
They shift their intake nozzle to the top of the wing so that they don't
absorb debris during take-off. Our fighters cannot do that. They also built
their own Concord version that was more efficient than the British one. In
fact we rent it to do supersonic research. That was also on the Discovery
channel. they are so broke that if we don't rent or buy their technology
they would have to scrap it for lack of money for maintenance.

I am a Russian technology admirer.

KF4VND

Where ours are much, much better , is on weapons systems (electronics). No
question about that.