Re: AO-40 Telemetry Archive Updated

The temperature sensors in the Heat pipes,
batteries (Main 2 and 4), Nitrogen tetroxide
tanks, spacecraft frame top and back have
apparently failed.

The SEU is reading wacko and some of
the Tx power currents are wacko.   The EPU
and LIU read as ON as does the general
beacon but the power reading and pressures
do not read at all. The solar array deployment is
read as ARMED.   These last may be nonsense
numbers filling the frame since the decoders
on the ground expect a fixed frame size but
it is rather worrisome.

It is most significant that it was chosen apparently
NOT to power up the LIU at all, even for pressure
readings.  They are clearly being very conservative.
What we don't know is if there are any pieces of stuff
being read down too see  (if at all possible) if the
IHU was still running but deaf for days.  I suspect
that there is some area of memory that could
be checked with this limited program and I hope we
get some indication as to whether or not it was
in fact running or in fact crashed on the 13-th.

Something really nasty happened for electronics
to fail after working for days.  Karl's note, from the
most conservative person I know in some ways,
states  that he did not trust to have the 2 meter
transmitter turned on yet.  I think that is probably
totally due to the fact that only the S2 would come
on.  These are widely separated sensors that we appear
to have failed.  They are spread all over the spacecraft.

Thanks for archiving this, it has been most informative.

Bob