Re: Source for 1.2g antenna

>From: "Howard Long" <howard@howardlong.com>
>To: "Robert Oler" <cvn65vf94@msn.com>
>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Source for 1.2g antenna
>Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 08:42:25 -0000
>
>Robert
>
>I have X quads for two and seventy on order - they're stuck somewhere
>between Germany and England right now. Hopefully I'll get them up in the
>next week or so (it's a bit cold for antenna erecting!!). I'll post
>something on www.g6lvb.com when I've got them up.
>
>Cheers Howatd G6LVB

Howard...greetings.

Would you please.  Particularly of the feed arrangement.  I was just
fascinated by them.  I've tried a couple of attempts to CP a quad (all not
very successful) and would like to see how someone pulled it off.  After
looking at the web site I got out my data for "the large quad"  (lots of
elements in a single plane) and thought thats how they might have done it
BUT the driven element doesnt look oversized.  It looks like they just fed
it differently.

Right now I've got for the LEO birds two 18 foot quagis that on each have
elements for each band (144 and 436) at 90 degrees to each other and have
worked that pretty succesfully (ie each Quagi works as its single band copy
works).  Its overkill but I can access the birds with not a lot of power and
hear everything thats there.  I really dont need a new 144 or 436 set up for
thehigh orbit birds as each has a large array but I would love to play with
the quad....

Let me know when you get them...Thanks again.

Robert Oler WB5MZO Houston TX