Re: AO 40 Recovery program v1.1

on 12/27/00 6:04 AM, Dave Guimont at dguimon1@san.rr.com wrote:

> Frequency 2401.297 is significantly lower than my "pre-recovery" indication
> of 2401.313 on my Kenwood TR751A IF...the radio frequency is accurate.
>
> As I remember the pre-recovery beacon (either S or V ??) took a frequency
> reduction at some point along the line.....

I remember folks saying the V band beacon did shift downward after the burn.
I don't think we've ever heard an explanation.  I am sure it we will get one
eventually.

It's pure speculation, but that sounds like possibly some sort of VCO shift
in an IF stage or something.  Numerous things could cause a shift like that
under times of mechanical/temperature stress.  Again, PURE speculation on my
part however.

73,

Jon
NA9D