AO-40 Beacon

Receiving AO-40 S2 beacon in Vermont this morning. (12/27/00 1302 UTC) _Very_
strong spin modulation. Bird is 30,000 Km + away from me. Signal level @ S1
to S4. Squint must be pretty bad.... IZ8BLY's telemetry program is decoding
an occasional frame.

I believe that S2 uses the quadrafillar helix antenna?? I'm hoping to
determine squint within a reasonable degree of accuracy.

This is a great real world test of my 2.4G setup. I need to run up the tower
and insert a 2.4G preamp before the Drake and see what the effect is....

Congrats to the AO-40 team!

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649