Re: Geosynchronous Satellites

on 12/26/00 5:54 PM, Hamish Moffatt at hamish@cloud.net.au wrote:

> Are there other forms of amplitude modulation for digital signals
> besides QRM? I'd think those modes would be at a disadvantage compared
> to the frequency/phase shifting modes with constant envelope.

I hope you meant QAM not QRM!  :-)

Let's see I know there is a few: OOK (on-off keying basically a form of CW
but it could possibly count as a constant envelope form of modulation), I
think BPSK can do be done in AM, PSK can (as we see on HF).  I'll defer to
Phil for more definitive answers.  I think there are multiple versions of
QAM as well.

Sorry to confuse you about the "digital" and "analog" monikers.  It's just
terminology I and those around me tend to use in the cellular/communications
industry.

73,

Jon
NA9D