Re: AMSAT-BB-digest V2000 #556

In a message dated 12/27/00 1:17:17 AM GMT Standard Time,
owner-AMSAT-BB-digest@AMSAT.Org writes:

<< Jennifer
 What issue of QST?
 Don

 Jennifer wrote:

 > There was a story in QST about using mult pcb boards, cut for micro freq
 > and switching beween them, and being able to have five or six bands on on
 > Dish, that way you should be able to work all freq on AO 40
 >
 > thought I pass it on. just remember reading about it. >>

Hi Jennifer / Don.

There is a PCB log periodic by WA5VJB available from the Texas Microwave
society.
You have to add a short length of 0.085 coax and a connector, but the PCB is
only $4 over there.
The dish feed works from 2.1 to 6GHz so should be good for S band down and C
band up.

There's a picture of one I put together a few weeks back at:

www.g0mrf.freeserve.co.uk/cband.htm

73

David   G0MRF