Re: TDMA - Reading the mail

> From owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org  Fri Dec 22 04:52:30 2000
> Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 00:36:02 -0900
> To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
> From: "Edward R. Cole" <al7eb@ptialaska.net>
> Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] TDMA - Reading the mail
> 	[...]
> How's this for a DX/contest digital "protocall":
> Stations would be logged at the time they first called and placed into a
> que.  There turn to "bag" the rare one would be controlled by the
> protocall.  In case of simultaneous calls, I guess some alphabetic call
> ranking or maybe just a pseudo-random que routine {role of the dice}.  Now
> of course we could just move all alaskan stations automatically to the
> front of the que :-)  Contest sponsors could even tailor the protocall as
> part of the contest design/challenge!
> 	[...]

Or, rank them on the basis of their contributions to the AMSAT AO-40 fund,
($10,000 and up, $1,000-$10,000, etc.).

Remember, U.S. taxpayers have only a few days left this tax year to make
contributions to AMSAT or the AO-40 fund.

(By the way, the public radio organizations in the U.S. might provide some
interesting models about how a not-for-profit organization can recognize,
reward, and differentiate on the base of generosity its members and
contributors.  Of course, they can't differentiate the service they provide,
since they don't have a donation-driven DX/contest digital protocol...)

-tjs