Re: Re: Snow White, KK2L & Virius

Hi All,

I have seen this "virus" message several times right after I have posted

to amsat-bb and received my message over the list broadcast.  I to have
seen the firewall flag the messages and the McAffee program dump it
off my windows machine.  And I am working on tracing it.

Here is some more information on this virus from Security Focus:
Snowhite and the Seven Dwarfs - The REAL story!
(This virus and several variants are said not to be destructive except
for self propagation via news groups and email.)

The virus name is HYBRIS. Also WIN32.HYBRIS, TROJ_HYBRIS.C,
TROJ_HYBRIS.F,
TROJ_HYBRIS.D, TROJ_HYBRIS.E and TROJ_HYBRIS.GEN.

Here are a couple of links to information:

<http://www.antivirus.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_HYBRIS.C&VSect=T>

http://www.antivirus.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_HYBRIS.C&VSect=T

 <http://www.cai.com/virusinfo/encyclopedia/>
http://www.cai.com/virusinfo/encyclopedia/