Re: Rocket Ride

Laura Jolley wrote:

> >From: "Gary \"Joe\" Mayfield" <gary_mayfield@hotmail.com>
> >>I think this is a bad assumption.  ESA has been a good friend of the
> >>amateur
> >community for a long time.  I hope that relationship will remain.  I don't
> >know of any satelllite that we have "launched" from the shuttle
>
> <<
>
> some minor nits.  Pansat was "launched" from the shuttle.  Its use on the
> ham bands has been dissapointing (like none) but it does carry a Hamsat
> designation.  I dont think that there have been any others except for a
> transponder on Spartan and of course the SAREX.

Gary's original question was if there had been any satellites launched from the
shuttle.  I'm not sure if was limiting the question to amateur or all
satellites, but most (if not all) of the TDRS satellites were launched from
shuttles.
Yes, it will be nice to have PanSat available for the amateur community.

73
Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org
http://home.earthlink.net/~k6ccc/