Re: As long as we're talking about software failures and spacecraft...

At 12:00 AM 12/24/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Remeber Ariane 501? The one P3D *might* have been on?
>
>Remeber why it died? No?
>
>Jim Gosling, Father of Java (and emacs, too) keeps the history at his website,
>under the heading "Why being careful about software design is important..."
>
> http://java.sun.com/people/jag/Ariane5.html
>
> 73 de Maggie

Well, if you want to be REALLY frightend about software,
read the THERAC 25 story available on the IEEE archives.
The MOST frightening thing is that this happened in the
1980's.

P.S. Don't read about this tonight, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
73,
Tony

Tony AA2TX@amsat.org
North Andover, MA