Re: Geosynchronous Satellites

on 12/25/00 10:57 AM, Jose Mihotel at jmihotek@gte.net wrote:

> Lets get a few things straight
>
> When you say FM, lets agree you mean class C.

No, I do not mean Class C when I say FM.  If I mean Class C, I will say
Class C.  FM is a form of modulation and a linear amplifier will amplify FM
signals as well as a Class C amplifier.  Lucent built their first
multi-carrier linear amplifier specifically FOR FM signals.  So, equating FM
modulation and Class C is not correct.

Perhaps I should use the terms Linear to mean Class A and Saturated to mean
Class C.

> When you say cellular you mean class A

Not necessarily.

> When you say SSB or AM or FM  you mean same bandwidth.

No, not at all!  Please don't put words in my mouth.  SSB has less bandwidth
than AM and FM.

That's all I'll comment now.  More later.  I got Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all!

73,

Jon
NA9D