Re: Q: fuel tank + weightlessness

 ulf@symek.com writes:

> How is it made that the fuel doesn't mix with the helium gas
> and that the fuel leaves the tank through the pipe?

The spacecraft is spinning. Centrifugal force pushes the fuel outwards
and that is where the pick-up pipes are. I think they will finish all use
of the motors before they stop the spin.

> If there is a elastic diaphragm used (like the nitrogen-filled
> expansion tanks of some hot water heating systems), I wonder
> which material would resist helium diffusion, agressive propellant
> and aging.

I dont think this method is used ... but someone else will probably say.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188