Re: Oscar-Zero anyone?

>From: "David M. Tipton, PhD" <tiptond@dnrconsulting.com>
>To: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@BellAtlantic.net>
>CC: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Oscar-Zero anyone?
>Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 11:21:15 -0600
>
>Is the WHOLE moon dark for two weeks?  I always thought (Though never
>really pondered) that half of the moon was bright while half was dark and
>these two parts alternated...  See where I am going with this?
>
>Dave

There are two places on the Moon, the north and south pole that have areas
that are "in darkness" all the time and some places there (high peaks) that
are in solar illumination all the time.  Its entertaining because if there
is a lunar return (well when) thats where humans will probably go because
thats where 1) a lot of solar power is constantly and 2) there might be
water (frozen) in the permenantly shaded places.  The later isnt confirmed
but strongly hinted at by the Clementine and lunar polar observer probes.

Some valuble realestate...

Robert Oler WB5MZO