Santa ..

Heck, I've been bugging Santa for an FT-817 since they first hit the
stores .. and as I say from time to time, donations are always
welcome.  I could probably do without the "big rig" HF radios (with
the possible exception of the IC-756PRO) but the FT-817 just does too
many insanely useful things for me to pass it up.  Santa has probably
gotten tired of hearing about the expensive radios I want .. ;-)

And as for CB, I used to have a callsign, and then a handle after
callsigns fell out of fashion, and prided myself on clean signals.
Neither of my AM 11-meter rigs has ever been used to transmit four
letter words, or echo, or porno-movie sound effects, or +10dB audio,
and my radios are unmodified factory originals that transmit full
legal power.  Needless to say, since I tried in vain to get fellow
CB'ers to hold to some semblance of civilized behavior, I wasn't
popular on 11 meters, and so now I operate on 10 instead.  ;-)  And
6, 2, 440, and 1.2 FM ..  (some of the CB'ers operate on 10 too, but
at least I'm legal..)