FT-817

I have been using the FT-817 for the last few days and it has worked well.
I have made a few contact on RS 12/13 with 2watts into a dipole thrown up
over a tree and listening with my 2m 1/4 wave whip.  The lack of full
duplex makes it alittle tougher.  I have been calling cq and waiting for
someone to answer.  Once I make a contact, I can usually figure out the
freq to call another station and get close enough so far.  I plan on
trying AO-10 today with the arrow antenna on the beach today. So far, it
has been a great vacation rig and also has seen some use on 6m and in the
car as an "all purpose" radio.

Scott
AC3A/4