Re: Rs 10 12 13

Hi Jennifer,

 > 	I have nova shareware not paid for yet.  One of those Sat's was in sight,
 > and I could not copy it on a old SB-303 receiver how come?  And how can you
 > tell when it is going to be FM versa SSB or something else?

	By your question I gather that you're a satellite novice. The
best way for you to get up to speed in a reasonable time is to read
a book or two on satellite operations.
	The question and answer style format such as on amsat-bb is
quite an inefficient way of getting the information you need -- the
folks on the bb have some awareness of this, and, as such, may
be not quite as forthcoming with answers as you might like.
	Often, lists have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions [and
answers]) to assist newcomers and to prevent the list from getting
overwhelmed with the same questions getting asked again and
again over the course of time. You can find the FAQ for amsat-bb
here:
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/listserv/faq.html

	For your specific question see:
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/sats/n7hpr/satsum.html

	On here you'll find a variety of information on each satellite. If
you click on RS-12, for example, you can see that it uses SSB or
CW on its transponders. Most importantly, at the bottom of the
page, you can see references to several books which will prove
quite helpful in your quest for information.

	Most notably, The Radio Amateur's Satellite Handbook is a
good general overview of sat ops.

	Best regards - Dave KD3NC