Re: 1.2g - 70cm Satellite?

on 12/24/00 7:27 AM, sco@sco-inc.com at sco@sco-inc.com wrote:

> What about a sat with 1.2g up and 2.4g down?

That would be a good bird.  I think the future will probably go that way.
On AO-40 the desire was to be able to accommodate all the "old" stations
that have VHF/UHF only capabilities.  Having a microwave bird would
certainly do that.  I think the idea was to gradually build a bridge between
all the bands.

Let's hope we get a Christmas present tomorrow...........

> OR how about a 1.2g uplink with a 70cm downlink?????
> The Ft-736 and the new TS-2000 could both handle that.

That probably would work as well.  The newer radios certainly can handle
that and mast mounted converters are getting cheap as well.

It certainly is a possibility for a new bird.  Now we will all just have to
argue about the modulation used!  :-)

73 and Merry Christmas,

Jon
NA9D