Re: Awards reqirements

Date sent:      	Sun, 24 Dec 2000 11:46:47 -0500
From:           	David Reinhart <wa6ilt@BellAtlantic.net>
Send reply to:  	wa6ilt@AMSAT.Org
To:             	karn@ka9q.net
Copies to:      	amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject:        	Re: [amsat-bb] Awards reqirements

> This is in reference to earlier comments that contacts that use of
> interlinked satellites might be invalid for awards, and wouldn't that apply to
> satellites in general since they constitue a "relay".  The answer is: No.  They
> change the rules to fit.  I have a WAS OSCAR certificate hanging on my wall.  My
> understanding is that the VHF Century Club doesn't care if you get your 100 grid
> squares via satellite or terrestrial contacts.

yes, all awards for vucc on satellite must have taken place on satellite (right
now, it does not say anything about linked satellites so, they would count). if
you want vucc for 2m or vucc for 70cm you must earn them not using a
satellite. they are all separate awards and cannot be used together.

73...bruce

Houston, Texas
AMSAT Area Coordinator
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on W0KIE Satcom C3, T24, 7.5Mhz