Re: Geosynchronous Satellites

At 12:54 AM 12/24/2000 , you wrote:
>sco@sco-inc.com wrote:
>
> > The cabbies are probably on 2m?  Could we use another band for Tx and get
> > arround the problem?
> > I doubt i would hear a Mexican cab on 2m here in Atlanta if I was listening
> > to a sat. Or could we do something with 70cm and 1.2g?
>
>Yes, the cabbies are transmitting on the 2M uplinks of all the mode J
>satellites.
>They are a real problem on UO-14.  The group that was on AO-27's uplink
>have been
>chased off that frequency.  I regularly hear them on FO-20 and FO-29 also.
is it possible to program are sats to send a voice beacon on the 2m links
[when they are over Mexico] saying ..." Explore the world of Amateur
Radio"? Maybe if we make those freqs unusable for them they will go away.

It would not be intentional interference because we would be sending a
legal message over an illegal operator.

W4SCO