Re: Phase 4 satellite(s)?

>From: "John Stephensen, KD6OZH" <kd6ozh@gte.net>
>To: <AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org>
>Subject: [amsat-bb] Phase 4 satellite(s)?
>Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 09:23:59 -0000
>
>In looking at all the mail passing through this reflector recently it is
>obvious that the only type of satellite project for the future that will
>satisfy everyone is one that doesn't cost much, allows world-wide
>communication and is usable from a portable station with a fixed antenna.
>>73 and Merry Christmas,
>
>John
>KD6OZH
>
>John.

I look at the hamsats as an HF band so "being there all the time" (not your
words but a conditions) doesnt strike me as all that important.  20 isnt
open all the time.  I dont even think that world wide com is important at
least as a constant thing nor am I looking for "telephone" (again not your
words) quality.

At the end I guess all I want is the ability to "get across the horizon" on
VHF/UHF/microwave without a moonbounce class station.  I dont care if we
have to track (I enjoy that aspect of the hobby)...I just want the ability
to get across the horizon and have some fun..

If we have to develop some new type of emmission and build a satellite to
that we are in trouble because I doubt that any of the manufactors will
commit to building the radios until the bird is in orbit.

.Robert Oler WB5MZO (I am Laura Jolley's fiance).