Re: Further analysis of the last telemetry from AO-40

Hi Richard,

The code did what it was supposed to do, which was cycling the
He highpressure valve as part of the work on the propulsion system.
After the first burn it was noted that a valve on the the high pressure
side did not fully opened, thus it took a long time until the fuel
tanks reached normal operating pressure and once the motor started,
the pressure was going dropping again.

The error message you have seen simply means, that the definition
for "MANY_ARMS" was already loaded into the computer. This is
like trying to compile a program with two subroutines with the
same name.. Thus IPS aborted this upload and complained, nothing
happens.  The command station probably sent this block twice,
but this is no harm..
The blocks you saw were special telemetry when the program was
executed.. not a crash..

Glad to see that more people now trying to understand how
IPS works..   :)

I'm started working on a more detailed report, but handling all
the eMail traffic isn't easy too.. and indeed I still hope that
this report might get obsolete in the next 1-2 days..

73s Peter