Re: As long as we're talking about software failuresand spacecraft...

> OK, back to satellites:
>
> What IF we would have had P3D on that vehicle and lost it?  Since the
> problem was with the ESA launch vehicle, would they have covered the cost of
> the payloads?  Is ESA liable in case of failure of the launch vehicle?

No!  It is your own risk!!   You would have to buy the insurance yourself..
Arianespace at least offers their clients now another "free" launch, if
they made a mistake, but again this does not include insurance for the
spacecraft itself.

73s Peter